Selecting a Franchise – Learn More About Franchising
By Michael Seid
- Franchising 101
- Different Franchise Ownership Opportunities
- Different Franchise Options
- What Kind of Franchise Should I Buy?
- Using a Franchise Broker
Before you buy a franchise, you should learn more about the history of franchising and the basics of the franchise world. Consider this your Franchise 101 class.
- Are You Franchise Material?
- The Role of a Franchisee
- Albert Singer: the Myth about the Father of Franchising
Different Franchise Ownership Opportunities
There are many different types of franchise ownership opportunities. You may choose to become a multi-unit franchise owner, an area developer, or you may decide to buy an existing franchise. Each ownership opportunity has its own unique responsibilities.
- Single Unit Franchise
- Buying an Existing Franchise
- Multi-Unit Franchise
- Area Developer
- Master Franchisee
Different Franchise Options
There are many different types of franchises to choose from. Be sure to carefully select the one that fits you best.
- What is the Difference between a Franchise and a Business Opportunity
- Advantages & Disadvantages of Joining a Mature Franchise System
- Purchasing a Franchise in a New Franchise System
- Should I Buy a Home-Based Franchise?
What Kind of Franchise Should I Buy?
Deciding which franchise to buy is the most important part of the franchise buying process. Once you sign a franchise agreement and make your investment there is no turning back.
- Which Kind of Franchise is Right for Me?
- Large Franchises vs. Small Franchises
- How to Find a Franchise with Good Return on Investment
Using a Franchise Broker
For those who have never owned a franchise before, a franchise broker can assist you in identifying which franchise may be a good fit. They can also help you get a deeper understanding of different types of franchises.