Buying a Franchise - The Franchise Buying Process
From Don Daszkowski, former About.com Guide
- The Franchise Buying Process
- Should I Use an Attorney to Buy My Franchise?
- Obtaining Financing to Buy a Franchise
- Your Franchise Business Plan
The Franchise Buying Process
Once you have chosen a franchise company and you are ready to move forward, you should do one final review of the company before you make your investment.
- An Overall Review of the Franchise Buying Process
- Steps to Take After You Choose Your Franchise
- What is a Franchise Discovery Day and Why You Should Attend
Should I Use an Attorney to Buy My Franchise?
If you considering buying a franchise it is strongly recommended you receive the guidance of a franchise attorney.
Obtaining Financing to Buy a Franchise
You will need cash on hand for build-out costs and marketing for your franchise. You will also need enough money to support yourself and your family for the first year or two. You will most likely need to find financing or a franchise loan to cover the costs of opening your franchise.
Your Franchise Business Plan
An essential part of any franchise is its business plan. Whether you are asking a family member for a loan or your local bank for financing, both will most likely want to review your business plan.